Pursuant to the enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) since 15 November 2013, we, at Messrs Richard Wee & Yip (“RWY”) with the address of No.21, Jalan Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail 60000 Kuala Lumpur, wish to assure you that we take your privacy seriously and are committed to the protection of our client’s personal information.
This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
1.0 Sources of Information
1.1 Your Personal Data has and/or will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time:
- information provided or submitted by you via emails, facsimile, letter and manual submission;
- information provided or submitted by you at any events, conference, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by RWY via registration form and application form;
- information provided or submitted by you during any interview with us;
- Personal Data collected from the cookies used on our website at http://www.rwy.com.my and
- other written or verbal communications or documents delivered to RWY prior and during the course of our professional service.
2.0 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 The Personal Data collected by us generally includes:
- phone number;
- bank account information;
- particular of your spouse and family;
- any other personal information which may identify you; and
- any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your commercial relationship with us.
3.0 Purpose of Processing Personal Data
3.1 We will process the Personal Data that you have provided to us for the following purposes, including but not limited to:-
- communicate with you;
- provide you the service you require;
- our internal record keeping;
- legal journals and publications;
- updating our records about you;
- contact you regarding your enquiries;
- prevention of crime including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering and bribery;
- provide information to court, regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order and by-law; and
- all other purposes incidental or associated with the above.
4.0 Storage and Security
4.1 We store your Personal Data in hard and/or soft copy.
4.2 The soft copy Personal Data is store in:
- the file server;
- email server;
- personal computer;
- hard disk;
- USB flash drive; and
- online backup service;
which may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia.
4.3 We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential.
4.4 Personal Data will be disclosed on a strictly need to know basic to our authorised personnel.
5.1 We will not disclose your Personal Data to any third parties without your consent unless it is consented by you or legally required by any court, regulatory and governmental authorities. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties in good faith for the purposes as stated above:
- the authorised personnel within RWY;
- the government authorities;
- the judiciary;
- legal publishers;
- storage facility providers;
- information technology service providers; and
- any professional advisors.;
which may be located in other jurisdictions.
5.2 We do not trade or otherwise transfer your personal data to third party for any other reason.
6.0 Your Rights in respect your Personal Data.
6.1 Pursuant the provisions in PDPA, you have certain rights, including the right to access, update or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use, collection and disclosure of your Personal Data which hold by us.
6.2 If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or request access or correction of your personal data, please contact us at 03-77273800. For your information, any request to access or correct personal data may subject to a fee and also to any requirement under PDPA.
6.3 By providing us with your Personal Data and your consent to the processing of Personal Data, we can, in return to provide you with high quality legal services that meet your needs and objectives.
6.4 You have the opportunity to make a choice to provide us with your consent by reading and signing at the end of this notice.