10 September 2009

My Experience as an Intern at RWL (now known as RWY) - Yip XiaoHeng


The past 3 months have been a very good one for me. The 3 months internship program at Richard Wee Lopez (RWL) was a memorable one for me, and I will surely miss the moments I spent in the firm with the partners, clerk and other interns. I must say that I made the right choice to come back to this firm again this year because I learnt so much. I am also blessed to have masters who are so willing to teach me even though they are busy with their everyday work.

The moments of working, playing, shopping and eating together will always be cherished in my heart, unforgettable moments I should say. The firm is like one big family, which encompasses of people of differing cultures and styles but we could all work under one roof and make things happen.

I learnt to do everyday clerical work in the firm, on top of that, I was involved with legal work such as drafting letters of demand, filing of suits and cause papers, preparing affidavits, preparing bundles of authorities for a full trial, researching important point of laws and case laws, preparing for a plea in mitigation and so much more which would go on and on. Meetings with clients were interesting too; it was a chance to meet people from all walks of life. Not forgetting, I got to travel along with my master, Mr Richard for a criminal trial in Marang, Terengganu. It was an eye-opening experience to visit the other side of the Peninsular of Malaysia. I would definitely remember the trips we made there and the moments we spent in the airport waiting for our flight back.

Besides learning legal stuff, I must say that I have learnt to be a better person too. The optimism of Mr Richard, Mr Sunil’s calmness and Ms Karen’s hardworking attitude, will I try to emulate.

Well, to conclude, I would say it was really a wonderful and memorable experience working in RWL.

By Yip Xiaoheng

No comments:

Post a Comment